- 1.1 Understanding How Information Is Collected on Namesz
- 1.2 How We May Use Information We Collect
- 1.3 How We May Share Information
- 1.4 How We Protect Personal Information
- 1.5 Links From Namesz to Other Websites
- 1.6 Surveys and Quizzes
- 1.7 Children’s Privacy
- 1.8 Information for Users Outside the United States
- 1.9 Our Notice to California Residents
At Namesz, we take online privacy seriously and we respect the concerns of our community of users. In this policy we describe our privacy practices with regard to information we collect through https://namesz.org and affiliated sites (the “Site”), to help you make informed decisions about how you share information when you visit or use the site.
Understanding How Information Is Collected on Namesz
Information You May Choose to Provide to Us
We may collect information, including personally identifiable information, directly from you if you choose to provide that information. For example, you may provide us with your name and contact information (such as an email address), date of birth, or other details of that nature, when you sign up for our newsletters or participate in promotions or surveys on the Site.
You also may choose to provide personally identifiable information about yourself when you participate in forums or discussions on the Site. Please be aware that information you post in these forums may be viewed or captured by anyone who visits the Site, therefore you should avoid posting sensitive personal information that you would not want to be available to the public.
Information That Is Automatically Collected When You Visit Namesz
When you access the Site, we and our third-party partners may automatically collect certain information about your visit using tools such as cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies. The information collected automatically when you visit the Site may include your IP address, characteristics of your operating system, information about your browser and system settings, data about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site, unique device identifiers, clickstream data (which shows the page-by-page path you take as you browse the Site), and other details that generally are not considered personally identifiable.
To manage our automatic data collection, we may place tags (often referred to as “web beacons”) on pages on the Site or in emails we send to you. Web beacons are small files that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies, and they may be used for a variety of purposes, such as counting the number of visitors to the Site, analyzing how users navigate around the Site, assessing how many emails that we send are actually opened and which articles or links are viewed by visitors.
We also use third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, on the Site, to provide us with statistics and other information about visitors to the Site. Click here to learn more about Google Analytics and how you may opt out.
“Do Not Track” Signals. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “do not track” signal to websites and online services you visit. At this time there is no consensus among industry participants as to the meaning of “do not track” in this context. Like many other websites, Namesz.org is not configured to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers. Click here to learn more about “do not track” signals.
Finally, companies that provide certain third-party apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins that may appear on the Site (for example, Facebook “Like” buttons), also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information collection is subject to the privacy policies or notices of those providers.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use the information gathered on Namesz for various purposes, including the purposes listed below. For example, if you were to contact us with a question and provide your email address, we would use the email address you provided to respond to your inquiry. In addition, we use information we collect from you and through the Site to:
- Provide products and services you request (such as when you sign up to receive our email newsletters);
- Respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support;
- Offer you products and services, or direct you to portions of this Site or other websites, that we believe may interest you;
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, contests, and other offers or promotions;
- Carry out, evaluate, and improve our business (which may include developing new features for the Site; analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the Site; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; and managing our communications);
- Perform data analytics regarding usage of the Site (including market and customer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
- Guard against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests, and our company policies.
Our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers may have access to information we collect through the Site to carry out work on our behalf. Those parties are restricted from using personal information collected through the Site for purposes other than to provide the requested assistance. In addition, we may share information:
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- With respect to analytics and statistical information, to inform advertisers about the nature of our user base;
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation); and
- With your consent or at your discretion.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. That said, it is not possible to guarantee the security of information transmitted online, and you assume some risk with regard to the security of information you provide through any website, including this Site.
Links From Namesz to Other Websites
On this Site we may provide links to other websites that are controlled by third parties. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content, usage terms, or privacy policies of websites that we do not own or control.
Surveys and Quizzes
This Site is not designed or intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete any such information.
Information for Users Outside the United States
Our Notice to California Residents
Subject to certain limits, under California law California residents may ask us to provide them with a list of the categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, as well as the identity of those third parties. California residents may contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section below to make a request for this information.